Recently, I had to upgrade a Sitecore 8.1 instance to Sitecore 9.1. After some changes in the code, including the updating of the GlassMapper calls, the site showed up and everything seems to be working fine. However, I noticed that every time that a DLL was deployed, making Sitecore restart, the application took like 5 minutes to load.
Initially, I thought that something was going on with one or more components that I just installed. After checking the logs, I didn't find any ERROR or WARN lines that suggest the cause of the problem, although I saw some INFO lines regarding a job that started multiple times
INFO Job started: Sitecore.ListManagement.Operations.UpdateListOperationsAgent
After taking a look for that job at the configuration files, I found that it is being executed every 10 seconds by default(!). Therefore, the solution was obvious, increase the time and set it to 30 minutes. With that configuration, the application only took a few seconds to load instead of 5 minutes.
This is a partial configuration file that I included in my project.
<configuration xmlns:patch="http://www.sitecore.net/xmlconfig/" xmlns:role="http://www.sitecore.net/xmlconfig/role/">
<agent type="Sitecore.ListManagement.Operations.UpdateListOperationsAgent, Sitecore.ListManagement">
I hope this helps someone else to avoid waiting for Sitecore to load after a single DLL deployment.
That's it for today.
Until the next post!