After almost seven years working with Sitecore, I decided to start a small project which the primary purpose is to create a set of improvements for the Sitecore user interface that I realized that could be useful for developers and content editors. I have a list of features that I would like to develop during the next months, and I planned to deliver at least one per month.
This project is an open source project available at https://github.com/andresvillenas/Sitecore.Extensions. Currently, this project is under development, and it is not available in Sitecore Marketplace yet. However, there is already a single feature developed completely: JumpList.
This component for the Sitecore Content Editor that allows adding a shortcut of an item at the top of the content tree of the content editor. It helps to access quickly the items that you have worked recently.
- Allows adding a shortcut of an item using the context menu.
- The shortcut opens the item and expands the content tree to show the position of the item.
- If an item is renamed, the shortcuts are updated with the new name.
- If an item is deleted, the shortcut is also removed.
- Publish item in the context menu feature.
- Publication of the module to the Sitecore Marketplace.
That's it for today.
Until the next post!